I am a Soldier of the Cross
Gary Waddell • 2010 • Victory Ministries Middle Tennessee - www.iamnotashamed.com
From Ephesians 6:14-17 & 2 Timothy 2:3-4
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2 Tim 2:3-4
• I am a soldier in the army of the LORD. I have the Holy Ghost Power within me. My loins are girded with truth and my breastplate is made of righteousness. My feet are shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. The shield of faith that I carry will quench the fiery darts of the wicked (Eph 6:16). My helmet of salvation is in place and I carry the Mighty & Powerful Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of GOD. (Eph 6:17)
• I have surrendered my life to Jesus Christ (John 1:12-13). I am a new man as in 2 Corinthians 5:17 (Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new). New & greatly improved. Since the Holy Ghost has arrived on the scene, I have stepped over the line of righteousness. His righteousness. I repented of my ways & I am now a disciple of Jesus Christ – Who is King of kings & LORD of lords! (1 Tim 6:15) I now endure hardness as a good Soldier of Christ & will no longer wallow in the affairs of this world so that I may please HIM who has chosen me (John 15:19) to be a Soldier of the Cross.
• I won’t slack up, let up, slow down, back away or be still (Phil 3:14). My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is sure. I am saved & secure (John 10:27-28). I am finished and done with low living, sight-walking, small planning, smooth knees, self-concerns, mundane talking & meager service! My goals are no longer earthly! My focus now is on Jesus! I need no man to let me know how I’m doing or to measure or compare my walk (2 Cor 10:12) – Yeshua Hamashia is now, and forevermore, my compass.
• I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, praise or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, regarded or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, live by prayer and labor by power - the power of Jesus Christ! I am now physically controlled by Holy Ghost Power and the blood that is pulsing through veins is J+ ! If you don’t recognize that, it’s Jesus Positive. If you knew the ‘old man’ – then you won’t recognize the new man (2 Cor 5:17).
• My pace is set, my gait is steady, my goal is Heaven – My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few – But my Guide is reliable, dependable, and All-powerful. My mission is clear – Crystal clear! Tell all about my Jesus !! (Mark 16:15)
• I won’t be bought, compromised, deterred, mis-led, lured away, turned back, diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, crumble under adversity, negotiate at the table of popularity. There is a fire that was instilled in me that will not be put out!
• I won’t give up, back up, let up or shut up until I’ve preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up and stayed up for the cause of Christ and His glorious Gospel.
• I am a disciple and a Soldier of Jesus Christ (2 Tim 2:3). My desire is to serve and follow Him (John 12:26) with all my heart. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know and work until He comes.
• And when Jesus Christ comes to get His own - He will have no problem recognizing this soldier of the Cross. Thank you Jesus.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Thanks for "Taking Five" - Gary Waddell - Victory Ministries of Middle Tennessee
iamnotashamed.com - God bless and bless GOD